New Faculty Household Relocation

When a new tenure track faculty member is hired from outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, this office provides support for the new employee's household goods move. An allocation is provided by the Vice President of Academic Affairs to cover a portion of the cost of moving household goods to the new residence. The governing policy for the SFSU Faculty Relocation Procedure is the California State University Internal Procedures Governing Reimbursement for Moving and Relocation Expenses.

See also the


In addition to household goods relocation assistance, this office can help orient new faculty to available housing options and other valuable resources in the San Francisco Bay Area.